Ray R - Florida Digital Caricature Artists
Ray was born in Brooklyn but moved with his family to South Florida at the age of 4. In addition to working events as a caricaturist, Ray has been a freelance illustrator and cartoonist for almost 30 years and has done everything from magazine and book illustration to editorial cartooning and comic strip creation. His strip “It’s the Humidity” ran in the opinion page of the Sun-Sentinel for 2 years. Doing digital caricatures was a natural outgrowth of his experience using the digital tablet for illustration assignments. Ray first began using the tablet in 2008.
Click the tabs below for Ray R's additional information!
Drawing Speeds (drawing speeds are an indication of what the artist is capable of and are not guaranteed)Digital Caricatures:
- B&W Digital Caricatures: 10-11 people per hour
- Color Digital Caricatures: 7-8 people per hour
Requirements and Equipment:
- Output Options: I usually print 4”x6” but will go as large as 8.5” x 11”; digital files are available to the client via dropbox or dedicated website.
- Provided Equipment: Wacom Cintiq 12wx tablet, Pixma ip100 printer, LED monitor and work in PhotoShop CS5 on the laptop.
- Backup Equipment: I bring a backup tablet (Wacom Intuos 4) and back up all cables. I back up PhotoShop with Corel Painter Sketch Pad. I also bring my complete traditional set up for worst case scenarios.
- Requirements: I need access to an electrical outlet for my power strip, 2 low chairs and a 6’ long table.
- Digital Caricature Rate: $270/hour, with a 3 hour minimum.
*All pricing is in US Dollars and is subject to change if your specific requirements differ from the descriptions.
Request Booking Information
Ray R will travel for an additional fee!